Welp, two months later you get these, and I’m so so sorry for the wait. Hopefully you like them, and if you don’t just lmk and I’ll redo them idk I’m not too sure about Remus or Peter so if people have any suggestions about them (or the others) just shoot me a polite ask - I love seeing other peoples opinions.
- Sirius is a really aggressive dueler. He’s not afraid to use more morally dubious spells that actually cause serious damage, though he wouldn’t use unforgivables even when/if they get legalised for Aurors/members of the Order. He will kill if he has to, especially as the war gets more intense, but he doesn’t like to. Often when Sirius fights he acts on instinct guided by anger. He’s quite reckless and casts firsts asks later. On missions and things Sirius will often get partnered with Dorcas because while he is impulsive and impatient she is cautious and they balance each other out. He also gets paired with James because they move so in sync. Sirius has no qualms about fighting dirty if it’s to his advantage, however he opposes it if it’s not. Sirius also taunts his opponent, riling them up as best he can because he just can’t resist.
- James is just as fierce a fighter, however he’s less direct than Sirius is. James aims to incapacitate and uses more jinx’s and things rather than outright hurt. He too avoids killing if he can, and while he is impulsive he’s more cautious than Sirius. James will often get creative with transfiguration if he can - though usually he’s fighting for his life and doesn’t always have time. He usually gets partnered with Sirius or Lily, sometimes Peter or Remus though not normally. James is also a big believer in honour, and prefers to fight fair if he can.
- Lily is pretty determined to win this war. She doesn’t like hurting people, she hates the idea of war but she’s fighting for her rights, her life and for the rights and lives of people around her everywhere. While she was good at almost everything in Hogwarts, she really excelled at Charms and she plays to that strength when dueling. Charms isn’t just pretty and flamboyant, it can be quite deadly if the dueler can utilise it properly. Lily often is the expert at quick get always because she can easily and promptly use a charm that distracts the opponent long enough to escape. This also works when she’s paired with people - she distracts the opponent long enough for James or whoever she gets partnered with to take them from behind.
- Peter isn’t a particularly strong dueler, though he’s cunning and he’s smaller and that make it easy for him to do sneak attacks and the like. His duelling style is using every advantage he has, no matter how morally dubious, to gain the upper hand because he doesn’t have many. His animagus form comes in handy - if he’s with the marauders or people who know about it he can easily slip into wormtail and bite the ankle of the death eater giving James or Remus (sirius lacks the patience to be partnered with Peter) the time they need to take them down.
- Remus is clever, sharp and observant. He identifies weak points and tells quickly so he can shoot spells with some semblance of a plan rather than randomly firing them. He might do things like consistently aim for the wand arm and the like, weakening one point specifically with deadly accuracy to be more efficient. He chooses accuracy and efficiency rather than flamboyance.
- Marlene is a calculated dueler, much like Remus however her spells are often higher level jinxes and hexes rather than curses. Killing makes her sick, and she point blank refuses to intentionally kill. She’ll shoot a carefully times tripping jinx so the death eater falls and hits his head, but the intent is never to kill. However if one of her friends gets injured, Marlene gets outright murderous. Cold, efficient and every move is calculated Marlene is a not a woman you want to cross. Marlene will willingly throw herself in front of any curse for her friends, no matte what it is.
it’s adorable, in a kinna maternal way but also just like, IT’S NICE THAT LIN HAS A FRIEND. I assume and hope that she’s supposed to get on well with the rest of the police lol, but within Team Avatar it’s nice to have someone she’d get along with because their normally offputting personalities work together. It’s nice for her to be connected to someone in team avatar who isn’t Tenzin. I hope they expand on it. On the more meta side of things it’s also cool having a young guy who’s mentor is an older woman.
also mako doin the look last ep was great.